- Jul22 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Early Bird Registration
- Sep268:00 AM - 5:00 PMExtension Service Annual Meeting
- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct18:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Bridgeport, WV
- Oct298:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Nov98:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Institute, WV
The Raleigh County Farmer's Market begins Monday, July 9, 2018. The market will be open from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. each week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
It will be located in the upper lot of the Intermodel Parking Garage located on Neville Street.
Looking for a speaker for your group, your classroom or your organization in Raleigh County?
WVU Extension agents can teach on a variety of topics, including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources, 4-H and youth development, food and nutrition, health and wellness, financial planning and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Raleigh County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Raleigh County Highlights
- In the Energy Express program this summer, 160 youths across five sites retained reading and writing skills and received two nutritious meals a day at five sites across the county.
- Raleigh County 4-H produced one 4-H’er who was selected to the National 4-H Council and four were named 4-H All Stars, the highest honor in West Virginia 4-H.
- Agriculture constituents sent more than 500 soil tests to the WVU Soils Lab for analysis and received specific management plans to increase productivity and yields. This covered more than 20,000 acres of land in the county.
- Extension Master Gardener program volunteered more than 2,000 hours to projects around Raleigh County.
- The Family Nutrition Program curriculum around healthy lifestyles and nutritious eating was delivered to 1,159 students across eight area schools.