Biomass in West Virginia
Biomass is a renewable energy source that can supplement fossil fuel energy sources. Reclaimed lands can serve as sites where suitable amounts of bioenergy crops such as switchgrass and Miscanthus can be grown. Learn about planting and growth of biomass crops on these lands and their potential for cellulosic ethanol production.
Just the Basics of Biomass
- Biomass production of mined lands—What is switchgrass?
- Mine soil reclamation with switchgrass for biofuel production
- Reclamation of mined land with switchgrass miscanthus, and arundo for biofuel production
Grow Your Knowledge of Biomass
Master the Subject of Biomass
- Switchgrass biofuel production on reclaimed surface mines: Soil quality and dry matter yield
- Switchgrass biofuel production on reclaimed surface mines: Feedstock quality and theoretical ethanol production