WVU Hancock County Extension Service
At your service in our community.
Job Opportunities in Hancock County
Hancock County Summer Intern
The WVU Hancock County Extension Office is accepting applications for two summer interns to serve during the period of May 15 - August 15, 2019. This summer position is headquartered in New Cumberland, WV, and works as a member of the WVU Hancock County Extension Office within the WVU Extension Service as an employee of the Hancock County Commission. Under general supervision of the supervising Extension Agent, this position assists with programs in the areas of 4-H and youth development. Individuals must work 4-H Camp during the summer, which includes overnight stays.
Please mail your resume and references by April 15, 2019 to:
WVU Extension Office
Attn: Carole Scheerbaum
PO Box 457
New Cumberland, WV 26047
- Apr5 All Day Shooting Sports Weekend
- Apr6 All Day National 4-H Conference
- Apr7 All Day National 4-H Conference
- Apr8 All Day National 4-H Conference
- Apr9 All Day National 4-H Conference
- Apr10 All Day National 4-H Conference
- Apr11 All Day National 4-H Conference
- May410:30 AM - 6:00 PM4-H Day at WVU
- May28 All Day WVU National Junior Firefighter Camp Priority Registration Deadline
Hancock County Celebrates National 4-H Week
During 4-H Week, remind youth and alumni of 4-H programs, and why this program
is so important!
Announcing Inaugural Hancock County Garden Contest
Are you a home gardener? Lett-uce see your work by entering the first annual Hancock County Home Gardening Contest!
Here’s how to enter the Hancock County Garden Contest:
A. Call us at
304-564-3805 for a registration form. There are two categories (vegetables
and flowers) for you to choose from - enter either or both!
B. By August 15, 2018, you can:
Take some digital photos of your garden and email them to Elizabeth.Bailey@mail.wvu.edu or: