WVU Hancock County Extension Service
At your service in our community.
- Mar23 All Day 4-H Teen Leader Weekend (TLW)
- Mar24 All Day 4-H Teen Leader Weekend (TLW)
- Mar25 All Day 4-H Teen Leader Weekend (TLW)
- Mar266:00 PM - 9:00 PMHancock Co. Master Gardener Class
- Mar295:30 PM - 9:00 PMWest Virginia Annie's Project - Northern Panhandle
- Apr11:30 PM - 3:30 PMMusketeers 4-H Club Meeting
- Apr2 All Day West Virginia Annie's Project - Online
- Apr26:00 PM - 9:00 PMHancock Co. Master Gardener Class
- Apr26:00 PM - 8:00 PMSundowners 4-H Club Meeting
In their quest to become certified West Virginia Extension Master Gardeners (WVEMG), 12 hope-filled and enthusiastic Hancock County residents will meet on Monday, March 5, 2018, for their first night of class.
Master Gardener (MG) candidates receive forty hours of instruction on such subjects as botany, plant propagation, entomology, pesticides and pest management, plant disease, soil and fertilizers, turfgrass management, vegetable gardening, gardening equipment, tree fruits, small fruit, pruning, landscape design, woody ornamentals, indoor plants, herbaceous plants, and garden animals.
If you're a Hancock County 4-H youth who enjoys visually telling a story, please consider entering WVU 4-H's statewide poster exhibition. 4-H youth in Hancock County who would like enter but have questions, should contact Micah Shaffer.
Posters must be received at the WVU Hancock County Extension Office by February 2, 2018.