- Jul1311:00 AM - 12:00 PMPressure Canning Green Beans - Home Food Preservation Webinar Series
- Jul156:00 PM - 7:00 PMRandolph Co. 4-H Leaders' Meeting
- Jul204:00 PM - 7:00 PMRandolph Project Check-In
- Jul234:00 PM - 7:00 PMOx Roast Randolph
- Jul263:00 PM - 4:00 PMTeen Leader Meeting - Randolph
- Aug22 All Day Randolph County Fair
- Aug254:00 PM - 7:00 PMRandolph County Fair Competitive Exhibit Check-In
- Aug265:00 PM - 6:00 PMRabbit Weigh-In Randolph
- Aug275:00 PM - 8:00 PMLivestock Weigh-In, Randolph
Contact the Randolph County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Part of the National Cooperative Extension System
All universities engage in research and teaching, but the nation’s more than 100 land-grant colleges and universities including WVU, have another critical mission: Extension. Extension means reaching out, and along with teaching and research land-grant institutions extend their resources, solving public needs with college or university resources through local programs. With more than 3,000 county offices in the USA, the National Cooperative Extension System is the local front door for many citizens to their state land-grant institutions.
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Randolph County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Randolph County Highlights
- 4-H camp participants increased from 124 in 2017 to 137 in 2018, a 10% increase.
- 4-H/FFA Livestock Show and Sale increased from $70,061 in 2017 to $80,767 in 2018, a 15% increase.
- WVU Randolph County Extension is delivering a program (Strengthening Families), which meets West Virginia requirements for drug prevention programming in middle schools.