Try this warm, filling side dish this winter. Feel free to switch up the root vegetables you use to get a different flavor profile.
- 1 spaghetti squash
1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and place it in the pot on the steam rack.
- Add 1 cup of water. Seal and cook on high for 7 minutes.
- Once finished, do a quick steam release and take the squash out of the pot.
- Use a fork to pull down squash strands to make spaghetti.
Nutrition information per serving: 50 calories; 2.5 g fat; 8 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 1 g protein; 410 mg sodium
Recipe adapted from a lesson created for the West Virginia Community Educational Outreach Service, a service organization supported by WVU Extension Service.