Berkeley County Animal Projects & Exhibits
4-H Animal Project Book and Exhibition Requirements
Visit the West Virginia AHQA webpage for program details and links. Contact our office if you have additional questions.
Follow the links below for specific
4-H Animal Project Book and Exhibition Requirements. If you have questions
about your project you should contact the Fair Chairperson listed. Quality Assurance
Training may be required - Details will be posted as they become available.
- Project Books are due to your Leader at your June Club meeting.
- Market Animal Record Guides are to be turned in when picking up your Market Animal Check.
- All other Record Guides must be turned in to the 4-H Extension Agent prior to the last day of Fair.
- It is the responsibility of the member to register with the fair, complete all requirements, follow the rules and regulations and meet all deadlines.
- If the member chooses to complete at the State Fair they must contact the Extension Agent.
- If the member chooses to complete at the Club Level they must make arrangements
with their Leader prior to August 1.
, Fair Chairperson Cindy Raines
Poultry Blood Testing: TBA
, Fair Chairperson
USDA regulation states that you must have an official Scrapie ID
Sheep Rectal Prolapse
Market lambs or breeding sheep entered in 4-H/FFA sponsored youth fair exhibits will be observed by Extension and/or FFA personnel for evidence of rectal prolapse. Any lamb exhibiting any signs of rectal prolapse will be disqualified from the event, any official tags removed, and the animal removed from the premises.
4-H Livestock Exhibitor Official Dress Code
Boys: Black Jeans or Dress Pants with belt, white button down short or
long sleeve shirt and Kelly Green tie.
Girls: Black jeans with belt or black skirt (fingertip length), white short or long sleeve button down shirt or blouse with Kelly Green neck scarf.
Rabbit Dress Code
Boys: Black Jeans or Dress Pants with belt, white button down long sleeve
shirt or apron with Kelly Green tie.
Girls: Black jeans with belt or black skirt (fingertip length), white long sleeve button down shirt/blouse or apron with Kelly Green neck scarf.
Dairy Dress Code (No Cut offs)
Boys: White trousers with belt, white button down short or long sleeve
shirt with Kelly Green tie.
Girls: White skirt (fingertip length), shorts or slacks with white short or long sleeve button down shirt or blouse with Kelly Green neck scarf.
Gr Scarf: AC45SP-1064 | Gr 14” Clip-on Tie: AC14CB-1064 | Gr 20” Clip-on Tie AC20CA-1064