What is Annie’s Project?
Annie’s Project is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing educational programs designed to strengthen women’s roles in the modern farm enterprise. Working with partners across the United States, Annie’s Project helps female farmers build viable and sustainable farm businesses by:
- Providing tailored training, taught by local experts, and resources to meet the needs of women in your region
- Offering small class sizes focusing on topics such as risk management, budgeting, business planning, marketing, farm and food safety and more
- Encouraging networking opportunities
WVU Extension Service is pleased to partner with Annie’s Project to provide West Virginia’s female farmers with the training, skills and support to build a successful agricultural business. For more information, contact Dee Singh-Knights.
2018 Annie's Project Class Locations
Find a class location near you.
Online – Anywhere/Anytime
Suggested for anyone with reliable internet connectivity
– Blue Ridge Community and Technical College in Martinsburg
Suggested for Berkeley, Hampshire, Jefferson and Morgan counties
TBA (Likely in Lewisburg)
Suggested for Fayette, Greenbrier, Mercer, Monroe, Nicholas, Pendleton, Raleigh, Summers and Webster counties
– Roane-Jackson Technical Center in Leroy
Suggested for Jackson, Kanawha, Mason, Putnam, Roane and Wirt counties
– WVU Gilmer County Extension Office in Glenville
Suggested for Braxton, Calhoun, Clay, Doddridge, Gilmer, Lewis and Ritchie counties
– WVU Preston County Extension Office in Kingwood
Suggested for Marion, Monongalia, Preston, Taylor and Wetzel counties
– West Liberty University in Triadelphia
Suggested for Brooke, Hancock, Marshall, Ohio and Wetzel counties
– Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College in Moorefield
Suggested for Barbour, Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Mineral, Pendleton, Randolph and Tucker counties
Upcoming Annie's Project Classes
No events available at this time.
Annie's Project Class Agendas
Topics covered during the six training sessions include:
- Session 1: Risk assessment, budgets, and record keeping
- Session 2: Financial statements and interpreting financial data
- Session 3: Creating business plans and making realistic marketing and financial plans
- Session 4: Farm and food safety and determining your insurance needs
- Session 5: Networking and partnering with fellow farmers
- Session 6: Participant-selected topics and graduation
Register for Annie's Project Classes
Registration costs $30. Class materials included. Refreshments provided at offline
class sites. Mail your registration and fee to the address associated with the
class you select. Make checks payable to:
West Virginia University.