Hey West Virginia families, join us in participating in the Rube Goldberg “Bar of Soap Video Challenge!”
Are you and your family looking for something fun and challenging to do as a group? If you answered, yes, you will want to join us for some friendly competition.
WVU Extension Service and Mylan STEMCARE encourage West Virginia families to participate in the Rube Goldberg Bar of Soap Video Challenge. The Rube Goldberg Foundation is inviting families from all over the world to work together to build a Rube Goldberg machine that drops a bar of soap into someone’s hands. Using creativity and innovation, your task is to build a machine that will cause a chain reaction of events (10-20 total steps) leading to a bar of soap dropping into someone’s hands.
WVU Extension Service and Mylan STEMCARE want to encourage West Virginia families to participate and are awarding prizes to four winning machines. The first-place winner will receive a LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Robot Kit. Additional prizes can be won through the national competition.
So, grab that bar of soap, review the competition rules/guidelines and start planning your winning machine. Let’s Go!
Who Can Participate: West Virginia youths and their families are welcome to participate. In order to be eligible for consideration for the WVU Extension Service and Mylan STEMCARE prizes, families must be from West Virginia.
Please note, families from all over the U.S. are encouraged to participate in the official Rube Goldberg Challenge.Submit Your Own Rube Goldberg Machine
How Do You Get in the Competition?
- Deadline: Before midnight on May 31, 2020
- Rules: Read the official rules on the Rube Goldberg website.
- How to Submit: Once you’ve finished your video, upload it to YouTube and mark “not private.” Complete the WVU Extension Service online challenge form to be considered for our West Virginia competition (and to have a chance to win prizes!)
- First Place Prize: LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
- Second Place Prize: K'NEX Simple Machines
- Third Place Prize: Marble Genius Marble Run
- Fourth Place Prize: Klutz Lego Chain Reactions
- Plus, all entrants will receive a fun collection of WVU swag (while supplies last)!
If you have additional questions, please contact Jason.Fillhart@mail.wvu.edu.