Rube Goldberg Machine Winners Announced!
Hey West Virginia families, thank you for participating in the Rube Goldberg “Bar of Soap Video Challenge!”
The WVU Rube Goldberg Bar of Soap Challenge was a huge success. Thank you to all
the West Virginia Families that participated! Follow the link above to view the
WVU Extension Service and Mylan STEMCARE encourage West Virginia families to participate in the Rube Goldberg Bar of Soap Video Challenge. The Rube Goldberg Foundation is inviting families from all over the world to work together to build a Rube Goldberg machine that drops a bar of soap into someone’s hands. Using creativity and innovation, your task is to build a machine that will cause a chain reaction of events (10-20 total steps) leading to a bar of soap dropping into someone’s hands.
WVU Extension Service and Mylan STEMCARE want to encourage West Virginia families to participate and are awarding prizes to four winning machines. The first-place winner will receive a LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Robot Kit. Additional prizes can be won through the national competition.
So, grab that bar of soap, review the competition rules/guidelines and start planning your winning machine. Let’s Go!
Who Can Participate: West Virginia youths and their families are welcome to participate. In order to be eligible for consideration for the WVU Extension Service and Mylan STEMCARE prizes, families must be from West Virginia.
Please note, families from all over the U.S. are encouraged to participate in the official Rube Goldberg Challenge.Submit Your Own Rube Goldberg Machine
How Do You Get in the Competition?
- Deadline: Before midnight on May 31, 2020
- Rules: Read the official rules on the Rube Goldberg website.
- How to Submit: Once you’ve finished your video, upload it to YouTube and mark “not private.” Complete the WVU Extension Service online challenge form to be considered for our West Virginia competition (and to have a chance to win prizes!)
- First Place Prize: LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
- Second Place Prize: K'NEX Simple Machines
- Third Place Prize: Marble Genius Marble Run
- Fourth Place Prize: Klutz Lego Chain Reactions
- Plus, all entrants will receive a fun collection of WVU swag (while supplies last)!
Bar of Soap Winners
- First Place Winner: The Morris Family
- Second Place Tie Winners:
- The Solanki Family
- The Orrego Family (they also won the “Family Fun” award from the national competition)
- Third Place Winner: The Chang Family
- Fourth Place Winner: The Tomlinson Family
Congratulations to all of our winners and a big thank you to everyone that participated in the Bar of Soap Challenge!
If you have additional questions, please contact Jason.Fillhart@mail.wvu.edu.