Roane County youth have the opportunity to register for one of two Get Experience in Mindfulness special interest clubs coming up in April and May. The five-week clubs focus on stress management taught through practical and interactive mindfulness-based activities to facilitate experiential learning. Participants of the program will learn what mindfulness is and how to integrate it into daily life, strength and flexibility poses, breathing techniques and other relaxation skills. Each week will fall under a different theme.
- Week 1: Goal Setting & Intentions
- Week 2: Awareness & Attention
- Week 3: Self-care Through Stress-Reduction & Relaxation
- Week 4: Communication & Relationships
- Week 5: Gratitude & Acceptance
Participants will have the opportunity to sign up for either a virtual or in-person version of the club. All club members will receive a mindfulness supply package that will include a yoga mat, meditation chime, geometric coloring book with color pencils, fidget device, and other relaxation gear.
- Who: Calhoun, Gilmer, Roane, Wirt, and Wood County 4-H'ers aged 10-17
- When: Sundays April 18 through May 16 from 7-8 p.m.
- Where: Zoom
- Register for the Virtual Class
- Who: Roane County 4-H'ers aged 13+
- When: Sundays in May from 3-4 p.m.
- Where: Camp Sheppard
- Register for the In-Person Class
Questions? Contact Emma Gardner at email@example.com.