WVU Monongalia County Extension Service
At your service in our community.Sign up to receive email updates!
- Apr195:00 PM - 6:00 PMCancelled - Hiking 4-H SPIN Club
- Apr196:00 PM - 7:00 PM STEM Lit-to-Go! 4-H Cloverbud SPIN Club
- Apr196:00 PM - 7:00 PMCancelled - Cloverbuds Can Make it! 4-H SPIN Club
- Apr196:30 PM - 7:30 PMWelcome to 4-H! SPIN Club
- Apr205:00 PM - 6:00 PMSwine Production - Going Whole Hog 4-H SPIN Club
- Apr205:00 PM - 6:00 PMTake the Bait (Fishing) 4-H SPIN Club
Contact the Monongalia County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
For the latest Monongalia County 4-H news, information, programs and events, browse our online newsletter!
Join us on May 23 from 12:30-5:00 p.m., for our first ever Monongalia County 4-H Shooting Sports Fun Day. Participants between the ages of 12 and 21 will learn about safety and proper shooting in three of our most popular 4-H shooting sports disciplines- shotgun, air rifle, and archery. This event will occur at 4-H Camp Muffly and will be opened to the first 24 who register and will cost $15.
are required the entire time and parents are not allowed to attend.
Those enrolled are required to complete the COVID-19 WVU Extension
waiver, as well as the other required forms. Those who register will be
invoiced the $15 and will not be considered registered until that fee is
collected (scholarships are available). Registration will close on May
10, 2021. Please note that if WVU Extension limits in person
activities, this session may be postponed.
To register and for additional details, visit https://4h.zsuite.org/ and login to your account or click "sign up", enroll your child or children, and then sign-up for the event.
WVU Monongalia County Extension 4-H Program is offering 24 spots for our first ever STEM Saturday for members in 3rd-6th grades. This in person event will take place at the 4-H Center at Mylan Park on May 15 from 2-4 p.m. Participants will take part in a variety of hands-on science activities like rockets, chemistry, physics, and many other fun activities.
The cost is $10 per member. Masks are required and
parents are not allowed to attend. Enrollment will be open to registered 4-H
members. Those enrolled are required to complete the COVID-19 WVU
Extension waiver, as well as the other required forms. Those who
register will be invoiced the non-refundable $10 and will not be
considered registered until that fee is collected (scholarships are
available). Registration will close on April 23, 2021. Please note that
if WVU Extension limits in person activities, this session may be
postponed or activity bags may be distributed in place of the in person
To register and for additional details, visit https://4h.zsuite.org/ and login to your account or click "sign up", enroll your child or children, and then sign-up for the event. Please contact Becca with any questions.
Our monthly 4-H drives have been very successful – thanks to those who dropped off hats, gloves, and scarves in December/ January and food in February! The donations have been greatly appreciated.
Our March drive will benefit Christian Help. Please consider donating towels, unopened toiletries, and cleaning supplies which will be provided to those in need locally.
Donations can be dropped in the lobby of the WVU Monongalia County Extension Office 4-H Center during business hours – Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Donations will be accepted until March 31, 2021.
Browse Monongalia County 4-H Today
Part of the National Cooperative Extension System
All universities engage in research and teaching, but the nation’s more than 100 land-grant colleges and universities including WVU, have another critical mission: Extension. Extension means reaching out, and along with teaching and research land-grant institutions extend their resources, solving public needs with college or university resources through local programs. With more than 3,000 county offices in the USA, the National Cooperative Extension System is the local front door for many citizens to their state land-grant institutions.
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Monongalia residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Monongalia County Highlights
- The 4-H program reached 4,760 youths in Monongalia County through clubs, school enrichment programs, camps and other programs. 424 youths were involved in clubs, 370 youths were involved in short-term programs, 115 youths attended camping programs and 4,125 youths participated in school enrichment programs.
- 59 animals were exhibited and sold by 40 4-H youths. 76 Monongalia County 4-H exhibits were shown virtually through the statewide exhibit website. Monongalia County had a 62.4% project completion rate (up from 40% last year).
- Regional Beef Quality Assurance Feeder Calf sales marketed through the WV-PA pool totaled $427,880 for regional beef farmers.
- The Monongalia County CEOS supported the community with a total of 13,622 volunteer hours from 48 total members.