WVU Monongalia County Extension Service
At your service in our community.Sign up to receive email updates!
- Mar28 All Day Cancelled - Teen Leader Weekend
- Apr41:00 PM - 3:00 PMVegetable Grafting Workshop at WVU Greenhouse
- Apr17 All Day Cancelled - West Virginia Extension Master Gardener Association Annual Conference
- Jun27 All Day WVU National Junior Firefighter Camp 2020
Contact the Monongalia County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Monongalia County 4-H
For the latest Monongalia County 4-H news, information, programs and events, browse our online newsletter!
Monongalia County is now currently accepting Energy Express applications
Energy Express is a six-week summer reading program for children entering 1st through
6th grades. Energy Express is a
program. Limited bus transportation is provided from the Board of Education in certain
At Energy Express you will:
WVU Zipline Canopy Tour with Monongalia County 4-H
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY FULL - We are exploring additional opportunities in the future.
Monongalia County 4-H will be participating in a canopy zipline tour at the WVU Research
Forest (near Cooper’s Rock) on Sunday, May 3 from 1–5 p.m. It is open to all 4-H
members and their families and we have 24 spots. It will be on a first come, first
This is typically $30 per person but the Leaders Association will pay the $30 per
4-H member (parents are welcome to participate but must pay for themselves). This
is not a drop-off event so if participants are not ziplining, we ask that parents
remain on the premises.
National 4-H Congress and Conference Resume Information Now Available
Are you interested in meeting 4-H members from the nation, taking part in interesting workshops, and exploring a new area? If so, you should consider completing a 4-H Resume to be considered to attend National 4-H Congress or Conference as a West Virginia delegate.
Monongalia County youth, if you would like more information or the specifics on what needs included in the 4-H resume, please contact Becca at Becca.Fint-Clark@mail.wvu.edu.
Monongalia County 4-H Today
Part of the National Cooperative Extension System
All universities engage in research and teaching, but the nation’s more than 100 land-grant colleges and universities including WVU, have another critical mission: Extension. Extension means reaching out, and along with teaching and research land-grant institutions extend their resources, solving public needs with college or university resources through local programs. With more than 3,000 county offices in the USA, the National Cooperative Extension System is the local front door for many citizens to their state land-grant institutions.
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Monongalia County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Monongalia County Highlights
- Moved into our new office complex located at Mylan Park, which provides much needed office and storage space, as well as a large conference room and teaching kitchen to offer additional programs and activities to the Monongalia County community.
- Partnered with the Mountaineer Food Bank to offer fresh initiative farmers markets to local schools in the county. Volunteers from Master Gardeners, 4-H and other WVU Extension Service groups gathered to provide fresh produce to all youths attending Eastwood, Mason Dixon, Suncrest and North elementary schools.