WVU Monongalia County Extension Service
At your service in our community.Sign up to receive email updates!
We've Moved to Mylan Park
The Monongalia County office has moved. Our new address is 270 Mylan Park Lane, Suite 250. We are located in a new building behind the Monongalia County School Bus Garage and across the parking lot from the Mylan Park Hazel & J.W. Ruby Community Center.
- Nov218:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Martinsburg, WV
- Dec38:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Martinsburg, WV
- Dec78:30 AM - 4:30 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety Plan - Institute, WV
- Dec108:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Apr17 All Day West Virginia Extension Master Gardener Association Annual Conference
Contact the Monongalia County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Monongalia County 4-H
For the latest Monongalia County 4-H news, information, programs and events, browse our online newsletter!
Save the Date: Monongalia County 4-H Camp
2020 Monongalia County 4-H Camp dates have been set:
June 7-11, 2020 - Younger 4-H Camp
The 4-H Year is October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020. If your child turns 9 years old during this time frame, they are welcome to register for 4-H Younger Camp through 7th grade. Youth currently in 7th grade have the option of attending either older or younger camp, but must choose between the two.
June 15-18, 2020 - Day Camp
Campers must currently be in at least kindergarten (2019-20 school year) to attend day camp. The 4-H Year is October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020. If they turn 8 years old during time frame, this will be their last year to attend Cloverbud Day Camp.
Monongalia County 4-H Hat, Glove, and Scarf Tree
The Monongalia County 4-H All Stars welcomes donations of new hats, gloves, and scarves
to decorate the hat, glove, and scarf tree at the WVU Monongalia County Extension Office.
Donations will be accepted between November 18, 2019 and January 6, 2020. Donated
items will be given to area schools and organizations for local distribution.
Downtown Morgantown Holiday Parade
One of the best and most enjoyable activities the Monongalia County 4-H program participates in on a county level
is walk in the annual Christmas Parade held in downtown Morgantown.
Monongalia County 4-H'ers and supporters will all meet Monday, December 9, 2019, at 5:30 p.m.,
on the Courthouse Square. We will be serving hot chocolate and singing holiday songs. At 6:15 p.m., we will walk up to the top of High Street and march down the parade route.
Monongalia County 4-H Today
Putting Knowledge to Work!
West Virginia University Extension
Service works to provide solutions in your community through key
programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources, 4-H and youth development, food and nutrition, health and wellness, financial planning and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Monongalia County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Monongalia County Highlights
- Employees and WVU faculty members of the Monongalia County Extension Service are excited about the construction of the new Monongalia County Extension Service Complex and 4-H Center at Mylan Park. This complex will provide the opportunity for additional programming for our local community members and youth.
- Monongalia County was one of six counties who was randomly selected to take part in a USDA Civil Rights’ review. The 4-H program was reviewed and, although official results are forthcoming, reviewers indicated that program reaches a variety of demographics and young people throughout the county and youths from a variety of backgrounds who are involved in 4-H events.