WVU Lewis County Extension Service
At your service in our community..Sign up to receive email updates!
- Jul22 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Early Bird Registration
- Sep268:00 AM - 5:00 PMExtension Service Annual Meeting
- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct18:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Bridgeport, WV
- Oct194:00 PM - 9:00 PMMountain State Spectacular Fall Sale
- Oct298:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
Contact the Lewis County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Lewis County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Lewis County Highlights
- 265 youths were active members in one of the nine Lewis County community 4-H clubs (including Cloverbuds).
- 287 calves were marked through the Central Calf Pool, West Virginia Quality Assurance Program, realizing an increase of $91.55 per head ($26,274.85 total).
- In 2018, Lewis County CEOS members reported 61,550 volunteers hours. At the current volunteer hourly rate as established by the independent sector, the financial equivalency is $1,298,705.