WVU Hampshire County Extension Service
At your service in our community.Sign up to receive email updates!
- Jul22 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Early Bird Registration
- Sep268:00 AM - 5:00 PMExtension Service Annual Meeting
- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct18:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Bridgeport, WV
- Oct298:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Nov98:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Institute, WV
Contact the Hampshire County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Hampshire County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Hampshire County Highlights
- More than 700 local youths were engaged in hands-on STEM learning activities and programs with two summer STEM VISTAs.
- The Hampshire County 4-H teen leadership program continues to be a successful outreach program with more than 40 teens participating in mentoring, planning and leading county 4-H events.
- The Hampshire County junior 4-H robotics team placed at the regional level and went on to represent our county at the state level.
- The area wool pool took in around 14,000 pounds of wool from approximately 40 producers.
- Approximately 50 non-English speaking immigrant workers were certified in Worker Protection Standard training.
- 76 youths from five counties participated in Youth Day at Poultry Week. Hampshire County took first place in the FFA divisions.