- Jul22 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Early Bird Registration
- Sep268:00 AM - 5:00 PMExtension Service Annual Meeting
- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct18:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Bridgeport, WV
- Oct298:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Nov98:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Institute, WV
Greenbrier County in the News
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – The adage “life happens” exists for a reason. On occasion, unforeseen
circumstances lead to tragic events, and they affect people of all walks of life.
Our resolve as people to get through tough times builds character and ultimately
decides how our story is told, but not without help from family, friends, community
and, hopefully, programs to assist.
Contact the Greenbrier County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Greenbrier County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Greenbrier County Highlights
- Enhanced focus and outreach of youth programming to include special interests such as STEM activities, outdoor education and sports.
- Served nearly 1,130 youths through residential camping, in- and after-school programming, livestock and agricultural opportunities and Energy Express.
- Partnered with Monroe County on the Ham and Bacon program which garnered sales totaling more than $95,000 for area youths.
- Provided health and nutrition education and programming to nearly 700 adults and families in the area, including canning and food safety courses, Love Your Heart, Stress Less with Mindfulness, general nutrition and healthy eating classes.