WVU Doddridge County Extension Service
At your service in our community.
Doddridge County Events
WVU Doddridge County Extension Service programs and activities are offered at minimal or no cost for county residents, as we are supported in part by the Doddridge County Special Levy and Doddridge County Board of Education.
No events available at this time.
Doddridge County News
Low-Cost Blood Analysis Available in Doddridge County
Individuals needing a low-cost blood analysis are encouraged to visit the Doddridge County Health Department on the following dates. The Doddridge County Community Educational Outreach Service (DCCEOS) and the Doddridge County Health Department continue their partnership to provide this service to the community. Please call the DC Health Department at 304-873-1531 if you have questions or need further information.
2019 Garden Calendar is Available: "Back to Garden Basics"
Your copy of the WVU Extension Garden Calendar – Back to Garden Basics – is waiting for you at the WVU Doddridge County Extension office! The "basics" theme for our 2019 WVU Extension Service Garden Calendar was chosen because we are seeing more and more young people interested in gardening and who want to enjoy the satisfaction of growing their own food.
That’s My Pan! CEOS Fundraiser
That’s My Pan!® products are available for purchase during this on-going Doddridge County CEOS fundraiser. The vast array of available products include bakeware, cookie tins, coffee mugs, cutting boards, utensils, etc. Many items can be personalized and engraved for a great gift! Your order will support our local DCCEOS organization.
Please contact Susie Richards of the Big Isaac CEOS Club for more information, or view and order products at their website.
View and Order Products
Part of the National Cooperative Extension System
All universities engage in research and teaching, but the nation’s more than 100 land-grant colleges and universities including WVU, have another critical mission: Extension. Extension means reaching out, and along with teaching and research land-grant institutions extend their resources, solving public needs with college or university resources through local programs. With more than 3,000 county offices in the USA, the National Cooperative Extension System is the local front door for many citizens to their state land-grant institutions.
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Doddridge County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Doddridge County Highlights
- The Doddridge County WVU Extension Service continued to provide traditional programs and services to which our community is accustomed, while adding new and/or unique and timely programs and experiences to enhance the lives of those around us.
- Local citizens continue to engage, participate, learn and improve their lives by maintaining close relationships with the Doddridge County WVU Extension Service office and staff members.
- The Doddridge County WVU Extension Service has increased participation in programs and club/organization meetings and activities by utilizing an automated call system to provide club/organization members and registrants with detailed information and reminders.
- The Doddridge County WVU Extension Service has improved the convenience, efficiency and timeliness of all program and event registration processes by utilizing an online events management system, which includes online payment methods.
- Several methods were utilized to communicate details of our programs and events to the public (i.e., local newspaper and radio station, automated call system, Facebook, website, newsletters and personal mailings when appropriate).
- Because the Doddridge County Commission owns the office building WVU Extension Service is housed in, the Extension office cooperates with local government and other organizations to allow them to utilize Extension Service meeting space and resources.
- The Doddridge County WVU Extension Service has provided programs, events and resources to the community at no cost or a minimal fee, since they are also supported by tax dollars through the county special levy and the board of education excess levy.