Online Pesticide Recertification Training videos are now available through our
WVU Extension Online Learning Community
Due to the video nature of these programs, quality internet is highly recommended. If this is an issue for you, please reach out to Karen Cox for assistance.
As of Jan. 1, any credits earned will be applied to the 2021 certification year. Participants can access the training videos as many times as they'd like, but can only earn recertification credits from each program once.
Once on the Online Learning Community website, you will need to set up an account. You will be sent an email for account verification. Please click the link provided in the confirmation email to verify the account.
After you have established an account, follow the Courses heading to the Agriculture and Natural Resources section. While there are many programs available, there are two that are currently approved for pesticide recertification credits: Mid-Ohio Valley Ag Zoom and 2020 Pesticide Training.
Mid-Ohio Valley Ag Zoom
Under Mid-Ohio Valley Ag Zoom course, you may select different videos to watch. Most videos listed are worth two hours of pesticide recertification credits.
Make sure you take the survey provided before viewing to claim your credits for the videos. You will enter your pesticide certification number on each survey.
Classes will consist of either two hours of pesticide credits, one hour of CEU credits, or both. The meetings are free and open to the public regardless of residency. Participants may take as many of these classes as they would like.
- Integrated Pest Management with Brandy Brabham (2hr PC)
- Ag Lime Quality and Applications with Ben Goff (2hr PC and 1hr CEU)
- Controlling Brush Around the Farm with Evan Wilson (2hr PC and 1hr CEU)
- Hay Sampling and Winter-feeding Tips with Ben Goff (1hr CEU)
- Multi-species Grazing and Grazing Management with JD Johnson (1hr CEU)
- Disease Control in High Tunnels with Brandy Brabham (2hr PC)
- Parasite Control in Ruminants with JJ Barrett (2hr PC and 1hr CEU)
- Frost Seeding and Soil Management with JD Johnson (2hr PC and 1hr CEU)
2020 Pesticide Training
Under the 2020 Pesticide Training course, you will have approximately two and a half hours of short videos. This course is approved for the following West Virginia Pesticide Applicator recertification credits: five credits in categories 1, 11, 12 and private applicator, and four credits in categories 4a and 7.
- Sprayer Calibration
- Organic Pesticides
- Cercospora Leaf Spot
- Cucurbit Downy Mildew
- Pollination and Protecting Pollinators (1hr)
- Pesticide Certification Requirements
- Mandatory, advisory, and factual label statements
While everyone is welcome to watch these videos, this option requires you to watch all of the videos in order to earn credits. You also must complete a pre-test, post-test and confirmation survey to receive credits. This program has been approved for five private applicator credits.