- Aug186:00 PM - 8:30 PMWV Woodland Stewards Seminar--August 2020
- Aug206:00 PM - 9:00 PMMaster Gardener Fall Training - Introduction to the WVEMG Program
- Oct276:00 PM - 9:00 PMMaster Gardener Fall Training - Wildlife Management
The Raleigh County Farmer's Market has closed for the year. Thank you to all the vendors who participated. If you would like to become a vendor for the 2020 year, please call our office 304-255-9321.
Looking for a speaker for your group, your classroom or your organization in Raleigh County?
WVU Extension agents can teach on a variety of topics, including:
Part of the National Cooperative Extension System
All universities engage in research and teaching, but the nation’s more than 100 land-grant colleges and universities including WVU, have another critical mission: Extension. Extension means reaching out, and along with teaching and research land-grant institutions extend their resources, solving public needs with college or university resources through local programs. With more than 3,000 county offices in the USA, the National Cooperative Extension System is the local front door for many citizens to their state land-grant institutions.
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Raleigh County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Raleigh County Highlights
- 731 individuals participated in 70 classes, including courses focused on strengthening families such as Stress Less with Mindfulness, 5 Love Languages and other activities.
- 160 youths from low-income and rural communities participated in Energy Express.
- Calves marketed through calf pool = 50,000 lb. lots (five lots sold; premiums = $25,000).