- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct298:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Nov76:30 PM - 8:30 PMPesticide Use in High Tunnels
- Nov98:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Institute, WV
- Nov1510:30 AM - 8:00 PMWomen in Agriculture Conference
- Nov218:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Martinsburg, WV
Contact the Wetzel County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Wetzel County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Wetzel County Highlights
- A safe and successful Wetzel County 4-H camp for 125 campers was staffed by locally trained and vetted volunteers.
- Children from across the county participated in six weeks of summer learning with Energy Express, and eight young adults received excellent professional development and funding for their college educations.
- In partnership with the Wetzel County Farmers Market Association, both vendors and customers of the Wetzel County farmers market were significantly increased. At the end of the season, our local vendors had earned an estimated total of more than $18,000 in revenue.
- $15,000 in grant money was secured to support Wetzel County FARMacy for 25 qualifying patients to receive locally grown produce for 20 weeks.
- More than 500 Wetzel County children participated in 4-H STEM and computer science lessons.