- Jul22 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Early Bird Registration
- Sep268:00 AM - 5:00 PMExtension Service Annual Meeting
- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct18:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Bridgeport, WV
- Oct298:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Nov98:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Institute, WV
Contact the Webster County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions
in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and
natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and
wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs
and services are available to all Webster County residents thanks to the
tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers
and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Webster County Highlights
- 185 4-H youths and 26 Cloverbuds developed leadership, citizenship and life skills, preparing them to be productive members of their communities by participating in a number of community club and county programs and activities.
- 32 youths enrolled in Energy Express, supported by six college-going students serving as AmeriCorps Energy Express mentors. On average, youths gained 1.7 months in broad reading achievement.
- Webster Springs Farmers Market producers provided opportunity for Webster County senior citizens to redeem 68% of senior farmers market nutrition program coupons, valued at $2,376.