- Jan285:45 PM - 8:45 PMOhio County Master Gardener Training
- Feb56:00 PM - 8:00 PMProduce Round Table: Preparing for Market
- Feb106:30 PM - 8:30 PMWinter Educational Dinner Meeting: Low Stress Cattle Handling
- Feb21 All Day Code Camp
- Mar96:30 PM - 8:30 PMWinter Educational Dinner Meeting: Water Quality vs. Irrigation
- Mar266:00 PM - 8:00 PMCanned/Baked Goods Round Table: Preparing for Market
Contact the Ohio County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Part of the National Cooperative Extension System
All universities engage in research and teaching, but the nation’s more than 100 land-grant colleges and universities including WVU, have another critical mission: Extension. Extension means reaching out, and along with teaching and research land-grant institutions extend their resources, solving public needs with college or university resources through local programs. With more than 3,000 county offices in the USA, the National Cooperative Extension System is the local front door for many citizens to their state land-grant institutions.
Putting Knowledge to Work!
West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources, 4-H and youth development, food and nutrition, health and wellness, financial planning and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Ohio County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Ohio County Highlights
- Ohio County 4-H engaged 185 youths through clubs and 157 youths through county 4-H camps.
- 4-H members completed 157 4-H projects that were displayed at county, regional and state fairs.
- Master Gardener public garden lecture series included four educational programs that reached 120 local residents.
- The West Virginia Women in Agriculture conference was held at Oglebay, bringing 186 people from across the state to Wheeling.
- The Family Nutrition Program reached more than 900 youths through 44 classrooms, 50 adults through community programs and over 2,700 citizens through a variety of public health initiatives.
- Extension volunteers donated over 9,000 hours of service to educational programs and community service projects.