- Jan285:30 PM - 8:30 PMMaster Gardener Training
- Apr17 All Day West Virginia Extension Master Gardener Association Annual Conference
Contact the Ohio County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources, 4-H and youth development, food and nutrition, health and wellness, financial planning and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Ohio County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Ohio County Highlights
- Ohio County 4-H engaged 185 youths through clubs and 157 youths through county 4-H camps.
- 4-H members completed 157 4-H projects that were displayed at county, regional and state fairs.
- Master Gardener public garden lecture series included four educational programs that reached 120 local residents.
- The West Virginia Women in Agriculture conference was held at Oglebay, bringing 186 people from across the state to Wheeling.
- The Family Nutrition Program reached more than 900 youths through 44 classrooms, 50 adults through community programs and over 2,700 citizens through a variety of public health initiatives.
- Extension volunteers donated over 9,000 hours of service to educational programs and community service projects.