- Jul22 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Early Bird Registration
- Sep268:00 AM - 5:00 PMExtension Service Annual Meeting
- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct18:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Bridgeport, WV
- Oct298:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Nov98:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Institute, WV
Contact the Nicholas County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources, 4-H and youth development, food and nutrition, health and wellness, financial planning and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Nicholas County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Nicholas County Highlights
- More than 200 third-, fourth- and fifth-grade students learned the basics of folk dancing and West Virginia’s culture and heritage. Each of the six sessions included learning folk dances, exploring healthy living options and discussing cultural history.
- 292 Nicholas county youths participated in the Progressive Farm Safety Day that provides eight safety sessions, including lawn mower safety, propane safety, food safety, sun safety, ATV safety, fire safety, first aid safety and livestock safety.
- 373 Nicholas County youth learned about the importance of staying hydrated by choosing healthy hydration choices during the Nicholas County Water Festival, in cooperation with the Department of Environmental Protection.
- All third graders in Nicholas County received a comprehensive helmet safety course, and to compliment the curriculum, all were fitted with a new helmet to take home and use.