- Jul22 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Early Bird Registration
- Sep268:00 AM - 5:00 PMExtension Service Annual Meeting
- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct18:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Bridgeport, WV
- Oct298:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Nov98:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Institute, WV
Contact the Mercer County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources, 4-H and youth development, food and nutrition, health and wellness, financial planning and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Mercer County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Mercer County Highlights
- Agriculture and financial literacy programming was presented at 14 schools/learning centers with over 1,100 youth contacts in Mercer and surrounding counties. There are currently fourteen raised beds and one in ground garden in Mercer County.
- Two Progressive Agriculture Safety days were held, educating 760 students how to be safer around the home and when visiting farms.
- In addition, the 4-H program worked with over 1,500 youth throughout the county with six or more hours of programming in health, science and citizenship activities.
- Families and Health adult and youth instructors reached more than 381 adults and 1,130 youths during various programs and activities throughout the 2016/2017 year.