- Jul22 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Early Bird Registration
- Sep268:00 AM - 5:00 PMExtension Service Annual Meeting
- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct18:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Bridgeport, WV
- Oct298:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Nov98:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Institute, WV
Contact the Mason County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Mason County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Mason County Highlights
- More than $130,000 has been raised to complete the new camp dining hall.
- 1,862 youths participated in school enrichment programs, which included hands-on, educational lessons related to STEM, healthy living, citizenship, animal sciences and agriculture.
- More than 834 youth agriculture projects were exhibited, including 387 livestock projects resulting in over $4,000 in premiums. The livestock sale generated over $446,000, the vast majority of which went directly to the youth exhibitors.
- CEOS members reported 10,000 community service hours, which can be translated to more than $211,000 in value to the community.