- Mar28 All Day Cancelled - Teen Leader Weekend
- Apr17 All Day Cancelled - West Virginia Extension Master Gardener Association Annual Conference
- Jun27 All Day WVU National Junior Firefighter Camp 2020
Contact the Marshall County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Part of the National Cooperative Extension System
All universities engage in research and teaching, but the nation’s more than 100 land-grant colleges and universities including WVU, have another critical mission: Extension. Extension means reaching out, and along with teaching and research land-grant institutions extend their resources, solving public needs with college or university resources through local programs. With more than 3,000 county offices in the USA, the National Cooperative Extension System is the local front door for many citizens to their state land-grant institutions.
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Marshall County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Marshall County Highlights
- A $12,000 grant from Chevron, secured by Health Educator Molly Poffenbarger, provided pop-up farmers markets to more than 3,000 youths in Marshall County schools, day cares and Head Starts.
- 4-H Agent Lisa Ingram and 4-H faculty members in the Northern Panhandle received the National Association of Extension 4-H Agents Excellence in Volunteerism Award for their regional camp training program.
- Cheryl Kaczor, Family and Community Development agent, received the National Family and Consumer Sciences Distinguished Service Award for dynamic leadership and creative implementation of Extension programs and for personal and professional growth at the National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences annual conference.