- Jul22 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Early Bird Registration
- Sep241:00 PM - 4:30 PMFarm Tax Workshop
- Sep268:00 AM - 5:00 PMExtension Service Annual Meeting
- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct18:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Bridgeport, WV
- Oct4 All Day Ohio County Country Fair
Contact the Marshall County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Marshall County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Marshall County Highlights
- Marshall County 4-H Leaders created three endowment funds through the WVU Foundation in the amount of $300,000, which will provide for programming and college scholarships. For their efforts, they were named the Outstanding Local Partner by WVU Extension Service.
- Pop-up farmers markets served 3,421 students and community members in Marshall County in 2018. A grant for $12,000 has already been secured to continue this program in 2019.
- Adult Health Educator Molly Poffenbarger was awarded “Overall Excellence” for a health educator and “Outstanding Achievement in Public Health” for the state of West Virginia in 2018.