- Aug186:00 PM - 8:30 PMWV Woodland Stewards Seminar--August 2020
- Aug206:00 PM - 9:00 PMMaster Gardener Fall Training - Introduction to the WVEMG Program
- Oct276:00 PM - 9:00 PMMaster Gardener Fall Training - Wildlife Management
Contact the Webster County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Part of the National Cooperative Extension System
All universities engage in research and teaching, but the nation’s more than 100 land-grant colleges and universities including WVU, have another critical mission: Extension. Extension means reaching out, and along with teaching and research land-grant institutions extend their resources, solving public needs with college or university resources through local programs. With more than 3,000 county offices in the USA, the National Cooperative Extension System is the local front door for many citizens to their state land-grant institutions.
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions
in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and
natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and
wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs
and services are available to all Webster County residents thanks to the
tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers
and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Webster County Highlights
- 185 4-H youths and 26 Cloverbuds developed leadership, citizenship and life skills, preparing them to be productive members of their communities by participating in a number of community club and county programs and activities.
- 32 youths enrolled in Energy Express, supported by six college-going students serving as AmeriCorps Energy Express mentors. On average, youths gained 1.7 months in broad reading achievement.
- Webster Springs Farmers Market producers provided opportunity for Webster County senior citizens to redeem 68% of senior farmers market nutrition program coupons, valued at $2,376.