- Jun27 All Day Cancelled - WVU National Junior Firefighter Camp 2020
Contact the Lincoln County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Part of the National Cooperative Extension System
All universities engage in research and teaching, but the nation’s more than 100 land-grant colleges and universities including WVU, have another critical mission: Extension. Extension means reaching out, and along with teaching and research land-grant institutions extend their resources, solving public needs with college or university resources through local programs. With more than 3,000 county offices in the USA, the National Cooperative Extension System is the local front door for many citizens to their state land-grant institutions.
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Lincoln County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Lincoln County Highlights
- The Dining with Diabetes program continues to be highly requested program.
- Google’s CS First computer coding course was delivered to fifth grade students in all Lincoln County schools.
- Lincoln County 4-H camp was again hosted in new location. $23,000 was secured to ensure camp costs remained affordable for all Lincoln County youths.
- Nutrition-based education was provided in all Lincoln County schools. Students in third through fifth grades were introduced to healthy snacks while engaging in physical activity.