81 sites in 37 counties
2,405 children reached 50% attendance with an additional 584 served
- 76% eligible for free and reduced price meals
- 21% of children served had IEPs (Individual Educational Plans)
- 17% of children served were from racial/ethnic minority groups
- 19,976 books distributed to take home
- Significant increases in letter-word identification, reading fluency, passage comprehension
and broad reading.
- 65% of children maintained or increased reading achievement in broad reading achievement.
- The average child increased 1.9 months in broad reading achievement.
- 105,364 meals served to children participating in the program
- 17,350 meals served to other community youth
- 52,560 volunteer hours were contributed statewide.
- Average contribution of 649 volunteer hours per site
- 496 college students and community members were engaged in service as AmeriCorps
- 2,639 family and community members served as volunteers
- Average of 33 volunteers per site
Download 2016 Energy Express Accomplishment Sheet