Upcoming 4-H opportunities statewide
- Virtual 4-H workshops for members
- Archived videos of 4-H workshops
- West Virginia families encouraged to participate in National 'Bar of Soap' Video Challenge
- Picture This! 4-H Challenge
- Add color to your life with 4-H coloring sheet series
West Virginia 4-H is hosting virtual workshops to help youth and their families learn about fun topics and the 4-H program. We will use the Zoom platform to host these workshops.
- First Aid in Action – Tuesday, May 26 at 1 p.m.
- Make Reading Come Alive – Wednesday, May 27 at 1 p.m.
- Tree Identification – Wednesday, May 27 at 2 p.m.
- Exploring the Environment – Thursday, May 28 at 2 p.m.
Workshops for the week of May 26 - 29 are:
Join us to learn more about these topics and to have fun. If you enjoy the workshop, we will share information about how you can continue learning about first aid, literacy service projects, trees, and the environment through an at-home 4-H project on the topic.
If you missed one of our virtual 4-H workshops or wanted to review the activities, you can register to watch archived videos.
Join WVU Extension Service as we encourage West Virginia families to take part in the Rube Goldberg Bar of Soap Video Challenge. Using creativity and innovation, your task is to build a machine that, through a chain of events, will drop a bar of soap in someone’s hands in 10-20 steps.
In addition to participating in the national Rube Goldberg Challenge, we want West
Virginia families to shine during this fun competition! WVU Extension Service and
Mylan STEMCARE will be awarding some fun prizes to a few winners.
Grab that bar of soap, review the official Rube Goldberg competition rules/guidelines and start planning your winning machine. Visit Mylan STEMCARE to find out how West Virginia families can participate in the WVU Extension Service/Mylan STEMCARE competition.
We invite 4-H members and Cloverbuds to participate in the Picture This! 4-H Challenge. For this challenge, 4-H’ers are to explore their homes, neighborhoods, communities or other locations in search of objects that form letters to create a word. Participants can find the letters to spell out the name of their hometown or a word that describes the location such as home, forest, peace or joy.
Who Can Participate: Youths who are of age to participate in 4-H are eligible to participate (youths with birth dates between May 31, 1998 and June 30, 2014).
Steps to participate:
- Take a picture of objects in the selected location that look like letters.
- Arrange the pictures into the word for display.
- Create a video for Flipgrid that includes your word along with why you selected that word and where you found your letters.
- 4-H’ers should submit their entry here by May 31, 2020. The password for Flipgrid is 4HowHow!
Qualified entries will receive a small prize for participating while supplies last. One
entry will be selected by random drawing to receive $25 of Shop4-H merchandise of the winner’s choice.
Explore. Create. Have fun. We cannot wait to see your entries.
Add color to your life with 4-H coloring sheet series
Download, color, and share the message about how 4-H'ers demonstrate citizenship, communication, leadership, responsibility and service. Get social by sharing your finished sheets on Facebook and Instagram. We would love to hear about ways you demonstrate those qualities as a 4-H member.