Upcoming 4-H opportunities statewide
- Virtual 4-H workshops for members
- Archived videos of 4-H workshops
- West Virginia families encouraged to participate in National 'Bar of Soap' Video Challenge
- 4-H resumes due May 11
- West Virginia Folk Dancing Workshop
- Picture This! 4-H Challenge
West Virginia 4-H is hosting virtual workshops to help youth and their families learn about fun topics and the 4-H program. We will use the Zoom platform to host these workshops. T his week's workshops will focus on topics like career exploration and canning. Participants must be between the ages of 9 - 21 (or will turn 9 by Sept. 30th, 2020).
- Career Exploration - Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 4 p.m. This is the first of three workshops in a series. Workshops will be the following Tuesdays: May 19 and 26 at 4 p.m. We hope you will join us for the entire series!
We Can! Canning Basics - Thursday, May 14, 2020 at
Workshops for the week of May 11 - 15:
Join us to learn more about these topics. If you enjoy the workshop, we will share information about how you can continue learning about careers or canning through an at-home 4-H project on the topic.
If you missed one of our virtual 4-H workshops or wanted to review the activities, you can register to watch archived videos.
Join WVU Extension Service as we encourage West Virginia families to take part in the Rube Goldberg Bar of Soap Video Challenge. Using creativity and innovation, your task is to build a machine that, through a chain of events, will drop a bar of soap in someone’s hands in 10-20 steps.
In addition to participating in the national Rube Goldberg Challenge, we want West
Virginia families to shine during this fun competition! WVU Extension Service and
Mylan STEMCARE will be awarding some fun prizes to a few winners.
Grab that bar of soap, review the official Rube Goldberg competition rules/guidelines and start planning your winning machine. On Monday, May 4, visit Mylan STEMCARE to find out how West Virginia families can participate in the WVU Extension Service/Mylan STEMCARE competition.
4-H resumes due May 11
If you are submitting a 4-H resume to be considered for 4-H Congress, please mail to:
618 Knapp Hall
P.O. Box 6031
Morgantown, WV 26506-6031
West Virginia Folk Dancing Workshop
Join us on Tuesday, May 12, 2020, at 3:00 p.m., for a Statewide Virtual Dance Workshop. This
workshop will focus on "Classic and Modern Dances" and will be taught by Ryan Butler. Learn
a new dance, practice an old one, and have some fun with your friends!
Picture This! 4-H ChallengeWe invite 4-H members and Cloverbuds to participate in the Picture This! 4-H Challenge. For this challenge, 4-H’ers are to explore their homes, neighborhoods, communities or other locations in search of objects that form letters to create a word. Participants can find the letters to spell out the name of their hometown or a word that describes the location such as home, forest, peace or joy.
Who Can Participate: Youths who are of age to participate in 4-H are eligible to participate (youths with birthdates between May 31, 1998 and June 30, 2014).
Steps to participate:
- Take a picture of objects in the selected location that look like letters.
- Arrange the pictures into the word for display.
- Create a video for Flipgrid that includes your word along with why you selected that word and where you found your letters.
- 4-H’ers should submit their entry in https://flipgrid.com/westva4h by May 31, 2020. The password for the grid is 4HowHow!
Explore. Create. Have fun. We cannot wait to see your entries.