Upcoming 4-H Opportunities Statewide
- Virtual 4-H project workshops for members
- Archived videos of 4-H project workshops
- Ambassadors for Change: Virtual Campus Conversation - Collegiate Issues
- 4-H Upcycle Challenge Deadline
- West Virginia Folk Dancing Workshop
- All-Star Nominations Due
West Virginia 4-H has many opportunities for 4-H members to work on 4-H projects virtually. Below is a list for April 6-9. Don’t worry if you don’t have a book. Just let us know when you register. Upcoming project workshops:
- See Them Sprout – Monday, April 13, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
- Bicycling for Fun – Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
- Intermediate and Advanced Livestock Record Guides – Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
- Beginning Livestock Guide – Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
- Exploring 4-H, Your Family, Your World, or the Arts – Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 3 p.m.
If you missed one of our virtual 4-H project workshops or wanted to review the activities, you can watch our archived videos.
The Ambassadors for Change class, led by Kathryn Williamson with the Honors College, will hold a Virtual Campus Conversation about first-generation collegiate issues. The goal of the Ambassadors for Change class is to further the education of first-generation students and gain a better understanding of the challenges those students face in college. The event will be on April 13, 6 - 7:30 p.m., and include student presentations and a question and answer panel. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to participate.
We invite 4-H members to participate in the West Virginia 4-H Upcycle Challenge. The directions are listed below.
- Research the Internet on the following topics: "up-cycling t-shirts" or "up-cycle clothing"
- Make a plan and create an up-cycled wearable item using a piece of cloth from a t-shirt.
- Snap a picture of you with your finished item and upload it here. Make sure to provide your photo with a title, as well as your full name, age and county.
- Make sure the 4-H media release form is on file in your county Extension office or completed in Zsuite.
- Entries are due by April 13, 2020, at 7 p.m.
4-H'ers who submit a photo will have their name entered to win a $25 Shop 4-H gift card. Enrolled youths ages 5-21 (including Cloverbuds) are eligible to participate. Please direct any questions to 4HYouthDev@mail.wvu.edu.
Raise your hand if you missed Dance Weekend this spring? Who is craving some good old fashion 4-H Dancing? We have just the cure! Join us on Tuesday, April 14, 2020, at 3 p.m., for a Statewide Virtual Dance Workshop! Learn a new dance, practice an old one and have some fun with your friends!REGISTER FOR THE ZOOM DANCE WORKSHOP
Nominations for 2020 All Stars and Outstanding All Stars are due by April 15.