- 40 medium white mushrooms (about 1¾ pounds), cleaned; stems removed
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 10-ounce bag frozen chopped spinach
- 1½ cups fresh breadcrumbs, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet (stem side up) and set aside.
- In a food processor with a steel blade combine goat cheese, spinach, 1 cup breadcrumbs, salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until well combined.
- Stuff each mushroom with a heaping teaspoon of spinach mixture and sprinkle with
remaining breadcrumbs. Bake for 20 minutes and serve.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/2011/12/5-ingredients-stuffed-mushrooms