- 8 medium sweet potatoes (10 to 12 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ⅓ cup low-fat sour cream
- Fried baby kale leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Prick sweet potatoes in 3 to 4 spots with a fork. Rub with oil and place on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 F.
- Slice each sweet potato in half horizontally and scoop the flesh into a large bowl, leaving a generous ¼-inch border on the skins. Place 12 of the prettiest skins back on the baking sheet. (Discard the remaining 4 skins.)
- Add ¼ cup cheese and sour cream to the sweet potato flesh and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Divide the filling among the skins. Top each with a little of the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the filling is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with fried baby kale leaves, if desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To fry kale, make sure the leaves are dry. Then fry them in hot oil until crisp,
about 30 seconds.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/260978/twice-baked-sweet-potatoes/