- 1 large butternut squash, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 pounds, or 8 cups, cubed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 425 F and line two large baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Toss squash cubes with olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt until well coated. Tumble coated squash onto baking sheets and spread into one layer. Try not to crowd them too much or else they may not brown.
- Bake squash, turning once and rotating pans once, until edges are lightly browned and centers are tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Check the squash every so often to make sure they are not roasting quicker than expected.