- Jun27 All Day Cancelled - WVU National Junior Firefighter Camp 2020
Contact the Marion County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Part of the National Cooperative Extension System
All universities engage in research and teaching, but the nation’s more than 100 land-grant colleges and universities including WVU, have another critical mission: Extension. Extension means reaching out, and along with teaching and research land-grant institutions extend their resources, solving public needs with college or university resources through local programs. With more than 3,000 county offices in the USA, the National Cooperative Extension System is the local front door for many citizens to their state land-grant institutions.
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Marion County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Marion County Highlights
- 584 youths served via kids’ markets throughout Marion County thanks to a grant from DTE Energy and a partnership with Mountaineer Food Bank.
- Five markets held at East Park Elementary School (grades Pre-K to 4) and five markets were held at Fairview Elementary School (grades Pre-K through 5th).
- Celebrated 100 years of camping in Marion County.
- Marion County CEOS members volunteered 8,800+ hours and raised $13,151 to support projects.