For several years the West Virginia 4-H All Stars have generously funded to eleven mini-grants for West Virginia 4-H teens/teen leader groups to assist in the planning and completion of a community service project through the My Hands to Larger Service 4-H Project.
- February 1, 2024 – submit the grant application.
- March 1, 2024 – recipients will be notified.
- July 1, 2024 – deadline to complete the service projects.
- July 15, 2024 – deadline to submit the grant PowerPoint slide and final grant report for exhibition at the State Fair of West Virginia.
Applicant criteria:Teams/clubs may apply for this grant, but a ‘lead’ applicant, meeting the criteria, must be listed.
- Applicant must be a 4-H member. Adult guidance is encouraged, but this grant should be written by a youth member or team.
- Be at least 12 years old as of 10/1/2023.
- Have previously completed at least one (1) year of 4-H.
- Enrolled in the “ My Hands to Larger Service ” 4-H project book as a resource for selecting and planning a community service project. Youth may sign up for the project in Zsuite on their enrollment for 2023-2024.
Applications will be verified by the county Extension Agent before consideration. The county extension office will receive the check (in the name of a supporting 4-H club or group) and be responsible for the disbursement of funds.
Limitations: Funds cannot be used to purchase items to donate elsewhere (ex. pet food for a local animal shelter), as payment to an individual or group, or for items to benefit the individual/group performing the service (ex. shirts, food, etc.)
Mini-Grant Application Planning:
Questions that will need to be answered in ZSuite in the mini-grant application
- Title of Project:
- Lead Applicant Name:* The Lead Applicant’s 4-H ZSuite enrollment will have to include the “My Hands to Larger Service” 4-H project code, or they will not be able to access the application area.
- E-mail address for communication on this project:
- 2nd (optional) E-mail address for communication on this project:
- Is this a team project?
- If a team project, name of persons/club/team collaborating on the grant:
- Name of 4-H club, group, or organization that will serve as the fiscal agent:
- Title of Grant:
- Brief overview of your community service project:
- Why does your community need this program or project?
- Describe the population or target audience to be served.
- How many individuals will benefit from or be reached by this program?
- Describe the crew (team) that will assist you in planning and conducting this community service project.
- Describe how you will keep your stakeholders informed about your project.
- Describe how you will share your project’s success with the public.
- Provide a brief timeline for project implementation and completion.
- Provide a detailed budget for the entire project. Include both expenses and income, including any in-kind contributions/donations.(*Please list OR use a table/chart) **There is a file upload area in ZSuite where you can upload a file with your budget.