For the past two years the West Virginia 4-H All Stars have generously funded to eleven mini-grants for West Virginia 4-H teens/teen leader groups to assist in the planning and completion of a community service project through the My Hands to Larger Service 4-H Project.
The All Stars have voted to increase their support for 2022, generously funding up to ten $200 mini-grants for West Virginia 4-H teens/teen leader groups to assist in the planning and completion of a community service project. We cannot wait to see the creativity of the 4-H youth interested in supporting our communities during this unique period in time!
- February 15, 2022 – submit the grant application.
- March 15, 2022 – recipients will be notified.
- July 1, 2022 – deadline to complete the service projects.
- July 15, 2022 – deadline to submit the grant PowerPoint slide and final grant report for exhibition at the State Fair of West Virginia.
Applicant criteria: Teams/clubs may apply for this grant, but a ‘lead’ applicant, meeting the criteria, must be listed.
- Applicant must be a 4-H member. Adult guidance is encouraged, but this grant should be written by a youth member or team.
- Be at least 12 years old as of 10/1/2021.
- Have previously completed at least 1 year of 4-H.
- Enrolled in the “My Hands to Larger Service” 4-H project book as a resource for selecting and planning a community service project. Youth may sign up for the project in Zsuite on their enrollment for 2021-2022.
Applications must have the approval of the county Extension Agent. The county extension office will receive the check and be responsible for disbursement of funds.
Limitations: Funds cannot be used to purchase items to donate elsewhere (ex. pet food for a local animal shelter), as payment to an individual or group, or for items to benefit the individual/group performing the service (ex. shirts, food, etc.)