Upcoming 4-H opportunities statewide
- Virtual 4-H project workshops for members
- Archived videos of 4-H project workshops
- 4-H Upcycle Challenge
- Positive light amidst Covid-19
- NASA learning opportunities
Virtual 4-H project workshops
West Virginia 4-H has many opportunities for 4-H members to work on 4-H projects virtually. Below is a list of project workshops for April 20-24, 2020. Don’t worry if you don’t have a book. Just let us know when you register. Upcoming project workshops:
- Teaming with Insects – Monday, April 20, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
- The normal animal - vet science – Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
- Pet Pals – Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
- Discovering Computer Science & Programming through Scratch – Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
Videos of archived workshops
If you missed one of our virtual 4-H project workshops or wanted to review the activities, you can register to watch archived videos.
4-H Upcycle Challenge
The 4-H Upcycle Challenge has concluded. Please tune in for the announcement of our winner.
Positive light amidst Covid-19
4-H’ers across the country are doing amazing things to make the world a better place during this time of COVID-19. Over the next few weeks, we want to bring these stories to the forefront and inspire kids everywhere to make a difference, too. Young people can make a huge impact during times like these, and we want to tell those incredible stories.
As you come across the stories of young people who are doing something positive to help their communities, make a difference, or even just make people smile, would you help us by sharing their stories via this quick form? It can be completed by an Extension Service professional, parent or 4-H’er.
NASA online programs
The NASA Educations Resource Center is offering a series of science workshops for youth who are interested in learning more about Scratch, Model Rocketry, Clouds and Climate.
- Scratch Basics - Tuesday, April 2, 2020 at 11 a.m.
- Introduction to Scratch EV3 - Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 1 p.m.
- Introduction to Model Rocketry - Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 12 p.m.
- Clouds and Weather - Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 10 a.m.
- Cloudy on Climate? - Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 11 a.m.
- Scratch Science - Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 2 p.m
To find descriptions and/or register for the workshops above, please click on the link attached to the workshop name.