COVID-19 Afterschool Resources
To support access to information about how to best respond to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
outbreak, we are maintaining this page with links to resources published by state
and federal agencies and other reputable sources.
- Afterschool Alliance Afterschool and Summer in the Time of COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Schools and Child Care Programs
- West Virginia Department of Education Coronavirus Information
- West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources COVID-19
- WVU Medicine COVID-19 Information
- U.S. Department of Education Information for Schools and School Personnel
Cares Act Signed into Law, Includes Support for Afterschool, Nonprofits and Child Care
The bill has several provisions that are essential for afterschool providers.
- The State Education Stabilization Fund can be used to support afterschool and summer learning programs and their providers.
- The additional funding for childcare can be used by afterschool providers/staff who are continuing to stay open to serve their existing students and/or the children of health care providers and other essential staff.
- It makes it clear that nonprofits are eligible for all the resources targeted to small businesses.
- Makes changes to the charitable deduction for tax year 2020 to encourage support of nonprofit organizations.
- USDA Child Nutrition Waivers
- Afterschool Activity Waiver
- Meal Times Waiver
- Non-congregate Feeding Waiver
- Pandemic EBT (P-EBT)
- West Virginia P-EBT Program