COVID-19 Afterschool Resources
To support access to information about how to best respond to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
outbreak, we are maintaining this page with links to resources published
by state and federal agencies and other reputable sources.
- Afterschool Alliance Afterschool and Summer in the Time of COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Schools and Child Care Programs
- West Virginia Department of Education Coronavirus Information and Educator Hub
- West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources COVID-19
- WVU Medicine COVID-19 Information
- U.S. Department of Education Information for Schools and School Personnel
The bill has several provisions that are essential for afterschool providers.
- The State Education Stabilization Fund can be used to support afterschool and summer learning programs and their providers.
- The additional funding for childcare can be used by afterschool providers/staff who are continuing to stay open to serve their existing students and/or the children of health care providers and other essential staff.
- It makes it clear that nonprofits are eligible for all the resources targeted to small businesses.
- Makes changes to the charitable deduction for tax year 2020 to encourage support of nonprofit organizations.