Camp Jump Start
What Is Camp Jump Start?
A brand-new 3-day, 2-night weekend camp! This opportunity prepares campers who have attended an overnight county 4-H camp and who can’t wait for their chance to attend Alpha I or Alpha II. Programming will focus on team building, personal skill building, and friendship. Each evening concludes with a Council Circle campfire program and recreation.
After a weekend at Camp Jump Start, campers will head back to their home counties with new friends from all over the state and a positive experience at a statewide 4-H event to set the stage for future amazing 4-H opportunities.
West Virginia youth currently aged 10 - 11 years old as of September 30, 2023. Must have previous overnight camp experience.
Friday, July 7, 2023 - Sunday, July 9, 2023
Opens on April 3, 2023 at 7 a.m. and closes on June 22, 2023 at 11:55 p.m. Payment must be made by June 22, 2023. If payment is not received by June 22, 2023, your registration will be canceled, and your spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist.
Registration will be handled through the 4-H ZSuite Online System.
All adult staff must be fully vetted through WVU Extension Service and register for the event through ZSuite. The complete vetting process must be completed at least 15 days in advance of the event. Learn more information about the volunteer process.
Campers will participate in outdoor recreation and adventure activities:
- Shooting Sports
- Tye Dye
- Hands-on STEM
- Arts & Crafts
- Historic Tour of Jackson's Mill
Event Notes & FAQs
- The event registration fee includes two nights of lodging, meals during the event, and event equipment/supplies.
- Youth participants sleep in cabins with bunk-style twin beds. Participants are clustered with other youth of the same age and gender. The cabins are supervised by trained and vetted 4-H volunteers and Extension professionals.
- The cabins will be stocked with bed linens (sheets, pillows, and blankets). You do not need to bring bed linens. You are welcome to bring your own linens, sleeping bag, blankets, etc. You will need to bring your own toiletries and a bath towel.
- Meals that are included are Friday evening snacks, Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, and Sunday breakfast. Participants should eat dinner prior to arriving for check-in.
- Camp clothing must be comfortable and adaptable to varied weather conditions. Camp clothing needs to be functional…not fashionable.
Extension Agent – 4-H Youth Development304-720-9573
Extension Agent – 4-H Youth Development304-788-3621