Please note that the consignment form is electronic this year for this show and auction and is due April 1. 4-H project books are due to the Monongalia County Extension Office on May 28. Livestock exhibitors are required to complete their project book, as well as a record guide that is due within two weeks of the show or sale that the 4-H member participates in.
If you have questions or need help with your books, let us know. 4-H members are also required to complete online quality assurance training- we will send the details once they are received. Updated information will be shared regarding the Monongalia County 4-H and FFA Show and Sale to held on Saturday, August 21, 2021, in Wadestown. We are hoping to be able to complete farm visits this year and will share information about those at a later date.
The Monongalia County Fair Youth Livestock Committee has been closely monitoring the state and local guidelines given COVID-19. After much discussion the livestock committee has made the decision to move forward with the 2021 Monongalia County Fair Youth Livestock Show and Auction. The goal for this event will be in-person show with an in-person auction during the week of August 9-14, 2021.
Please understand at any moment the plan may need to be altered based on state and/or local guideline changes. At the very least the auction will occur virtually as it did last year with the services provided through Joe R. Pyle Auction Service. This year it is more important than ever for youth to reach out early to prospective buyers and make several contacts to ensure you do well with the auction.
In years past we held consignment meetings then had members to sign up; given the current state of affairs the livestock committee is making a couple changes.
- Exhibitors will read this letter and review the rules/regulations
- Rules and regulations can be obtained through Mon County Fair Barn Facebook page look under files or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exhibitors will ask questions by posting in the Mon County Fair Barn Facebook group; this will allow all exhibitors to see question and answer.
- Exhibitors may also contact Rob Maxwell at 304-629-1159
- Exhibitors will complete the online consignment form
- Consignment form must be completed by April 1, 2021
- Exhibitor meeting will occur after consignment forms are received to provide more detailed information to exhibitors regarding schedule of events. This meeting will be virtual.
The Monongalia County Fair Youth Livestock Committee members understand this is a trying year with many uncertainties. The committee members are available to any member that may have questions or concerns with taking on a project animal.
Monongalia County Fair Livestock Committee