Do you love taking pictures? If so, consider entering the State 4-H Photo Contest. Monongalia County entries are due to the Extension Office by March 2, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact Becca.
To encourage 4‑H members to take and exhibit pictures that interpret 4‑H to the exhibit viewers...communicate what 4‑H is all about. Emphasis should be placed on 4‑H activities.
Photos must be taken by a 4‑H member (age 8 by October 1, 2019 up to last day as 21 year old), but the member need not be enrolled in a 4‑H photography project. The exhibitor must be a 4‑H member during the year the photo is submitted.
- Number – A 4-H member can enter up to three (3) photos in this contest.
- Photo Size – Photos must be either 3” x 5” or 4” x 6” in size.
- Mounting – Each photo must be mounted. The mounting material should be 5” x 7”. Mounting material can be cardstock, foam board, poster board, or a picture mat. It should be heavy material, so no printer paper or construction paper. Do not put photos in picture frames.
- Identification – Each photo must have the following information on the center, back of the picture: Name, County, Age, and an identifying caption for the picture . Use the provided tags for this information.
DISPLAYS AND REWARDS
- The State 4‑H Photo Exhibition will be on display at the State Fair of West Virginia in August.
- All participants will receive a State Fair ribbon, certificate, and premium ($3.50) for each photo entered.
- Photos will be returned to counties following the State Fair during checkout day for the 4-H exhibits.
- Individuals visiting the State Fair will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite photos and the top photos will be announced following the State Fair. There are no additional ribbons or premiums for those selected as People’s Choice winner.