The WVU Taylor County Extension Office will be accepting applications for a full-time program assistant. Do you enjoy working with kids and adults to provide fun hands-on educational activities? Then this position may be for you.
The program assistant will work primarily with the 4-H program in Taylor County but will also provide support as needed with all WVU Extension activities. Under the supervision of the Extension Agent, this assistant is responsible for planning and executing 4-H events and activities within the county.
The successful candidate will be employed by the Taylor County Commission. The position is full time and includes benefits (insurance, retirement, paid vacation).
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree in field related to job duties preferred.
- Valid drivers license and vehicle required for independent travel (mileage reimbursement
- Background check required.
- Computer skills including ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to learn new software and website editing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Clear communication skills.
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Available to work 4-H camp during the summer which includes overnight stays (Typically held one week in June, Saturday evening through Thursday evening.)
How to ApplyTo apply, email the following items to John Murray
- Cover letter outlining experience and qualifications
- List with a minimum of 3 references with contact information (mailing address, email address, and phone number).
Upon submitting your application, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application within two business days of submission. If you do not receive a confirmation within that time frame, please contact John Murray at 304-265-3303.
Applications will be reviewed starting on January 31, 2022.