This series is designed to equip new and novice gardeners with the tools and knowledge to start their own gardens. Grow your green thumb this spring by taking part in the in person option to get all the basics, or special interest topics virtually. Sessions are taught by WVU Extension Master Gardeners, Extension Agents, and other industry experts.
In Person: Day 1, Saturday, March 4 - The Basics
- Topics: Setting up a garden, seed selection and transplants, diseases, pests, and weeds, harvesting and storing produce.
- Location: Hospice of the Panhandle Education Center, 330 Hospice Lane, Kearneysville
- Time: Doors Open at 8:30 a.m.
Program runs 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Cost: $5, paid at the door
- Topics: Seed starting and selection, Composting, All about pests (and a little about diseases)
Preregistration is required at Gardening 101 or by calling the Jefferson County Extension Office at 304-728-7413.
For questions, contact Emily Morrow, WVU Jefferson County Agent at Emily.Wells@mail.wvu.edu.