Become a Certified Safety Specialist (CSS) and a Certified Safety Trainer (CST)
- National Resource Center-OSHA Region III Training Center Programs
- Content is based largely on nationally recognized OSHA Education Center numbered courses and industry driven subject matter delivered by recognized faculty with applied perspective.
- Participants receive individual certificates for each course completed.
- Comprehensive program certificates and office plaques are awarded once all requirements are met.
- Graduates will be listed in our Who's Who page of certificate program graduates.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are given for the courses which may fulfill continuing education requirements for specific professions.
- Become an OSHA Authorized Instructor (CSS -CT, GI, OG & MT)
- Become an IADC RigPass/SafeLandUSA and Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness Instructor (CSS - OG)
WVU Safety & Health Extension is excited to announce the development of eight industry specific certificate programs. Participating students will have the opportunity to select a course track of General Industry, Construction, Oil and Gas and Maritime Industry and receive a corresponding Safety Specialist designation.
Upon graduation of the Certified Safety Specialist Program through WVU Safety & Health Extension students will have the opportunity to enroll in the Certified Safety Trainer Program. All students will receive access to the program portal, an aid in keeping track of progress within the program.
*Transferred credits from other OSHA Education Institutes are accepted at some capacity.
Enrollment is Easy
Complete our online form below and submit a $25 fee. It’s that simple!
You must be a graduate of the Certified Safety Specialist Program through WVU Safety & Health Extension to enroll in the Certified Safety Trainer (CST) Program. Email CSSProgramSHE@nullmail.wvu.edu for more information.