Become a Certified Safety Specialist (CSS) and a Certified Safety Trainer (CST)
- National Resource Center (NRC - WVU) - OSHA Region III Training Center Programs
- Content is based largely on nationally recognized OSHA Education Center numbered courses and industry driven subject matter delivered by recognized faculty with applied perspective.
- Certificate for each course completed.
- CSS and CST program certificate, office plaque, and certification wallet card upon the completion of all program requirements.
- There is no prerequisites to enroll in the CSS programs.
- Become an OSHA Authorized Instructor (CST-C, CST-GI, CST-M and CST-OG)
- Become an IADC RigPass/SafeLandUSA and Hydrogen Sulfide Training Instructor (CST-OG)
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) issued for the courses to fulfill continuing education requirements for specific professions.
- Certificate program (CSS. CST) and courses are recognized for college credit by the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission and Board of Regents (RBA).
WVU Safety & Health Extension is excited to announce the development of eight industry specific certificate programs. Participating students will have the opportunity to select a course track of General Industry, Construction, Oil and Gas and Maritime Industry and receive a corresponding Safety Specialist designation.
Upon graduation of the Certified Safety Specialist Program through WVU Safety & Health Extension students will have the opportunity to enroll in the Certified Safety Trainer (CST) Program. All students of CSS and CST will receive access to the program portal, an aid in keeping track of progress within the program.
Two core course certificates from other OSHA Training Institute Education Centers may be accepted.
Elective courses from other OSHA Training Institute Education Center may be accepted.
View the 2020 Program Curricula effective January 2020
Enrollment is Free
Start your path to become a Certified Safety Specialist today!
Email CSSProgramSHE@mail.wvu.edu for more information.