US DOT CMV
This course covers all aspects of commercial motor vehicle inspection and maintenance
requirements found in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR’s) including
a motor carriers’ responsibility to ensure that individuals performing the periodic
inspection under 396.17 are “qualified”. This is a performance-based course presented
in a lecture environment combined with a hands-on practical group exercise and
training using an actual commercial motor vehicle followed by a comprehensive test.
This course includes in-depth coverage of the Code of Federal Regulations Title
49, Parts 390, 393, and 396 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR).
US DOT CMV course is designed for
Anyone in the Motor Carrier industry who has the responsibility for regulatory compliance
or mechanical requirements. This course is also suitable for enforcement/compliance
personnel interested in becoming familiar with the FMCSR.
- Periodic inspection requirements in Part 396.17
- Different levels of inspection in the North American Standard Roadside Inspection Program
- Vehicle maintenance and recordkeeping requirements
- Motor Carrier’s responsibility to qualify vehicle and brake inspectors
- Perform group inspection on CMV to reinforce regulatory requirements
- Identify the major components of the Periodic Inspection requirement in Part 396.17
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the FMCSA and CVSA as it relates to CMV Inspections
- Explain the different levels of inspections in the North American Standard Roadside Inspection Program.
- Compare Annual Inspection criteria with CVSA Out of Service criteria
- Explain the vehicle maintenance and recordkeeping requirements
- Explain a motor carrier’s responsibility to qualify its vehicle inspectors and brake inspectors
- Perform group inspection of CMV to reinforce the requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Describe processes to allow motor carriers to correct inaccurate inspection and accident data in the FMCSA data base
September 6 - 8, 2017 - Morgantown, WV
October 17-19, 2017 - Morgantown, WV