November 3-4, 2018
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 17, 2018
Many changes have taken place since 2016. Please review the schedule and select a
class as soon as possible. Maximum class size will be 30 students.
This year, students are required to have a FEMA SID (Student Identification Number). Students can get this number by following the directions in this notice.
Students must have had ICS 100-200 to attend classes at the academy. There are no exceptions to this rule and documentation of ICS classes is required.
In addition, please fill out the General Admission Form (FEMA FORM 119-25-2). This form needs to be filled out and returned by September 17, 2018 for processing.
General Admission Form (FEMA FORM 119-25-2)
Class List for 2018
Class 1. W0290 – Training Operations in Small Departments
- Class 2. W0637 – Wildland Urban Interface: Fire-Adapted Communities — Introduction and Leadership
Class 3. W0349 – Fire Service Safety Culture: Who Protects Firefighters From Firefighters?
- Class 4. W0760 – New Fire Chief: Challenging Issues
How to Register for a Student Identification Number
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has eliminated the use of the Social Security Numbers (SSN) when applying for FEMA training.
National Fire Academy students interested in applying for FY 2018 on-campus (10-/6-/2-day)
and off-campus (10- and 6-day) courses will need to register for a Student Identification
Number (SID) that will be used in place of the SSN. This number can be obtained
through the FEMA Center for Domestic Preparedness Training Administration System
Applications for FY 2018, NFA courses that do not include a SID will not be processed and returned to you (via mail) for further documentation.
To obtain a FEMA Student ID (SID)
- Register with FEMA
- Click on the " Register for a FEMA SID" button in the top center portion of the site.
- Follow the instructions to create your account. You will be emailed your Student ID once your registration is complete, which typically happens shortly after creating your account.
Use the SID in place of the SSN on the General Admissions Application Form (FEMA Form 119-25-1) and General Admissions Application Short Form (FEMA Form 119-25-2).
- Registrations for classes are handled on a first come- first served basis
- Please place 2nd and 3rd choice of courses in box 12a.
- Anyone already registered in CTAS will not need to register again.
- The SID will serve as your FEMA Training Identification Number (FTIN) in the new registration system.
- Line 19 is to be filled out by State Fire Academy Sponsor – WVU FSE
- Students should plan to arrive at the NFA on the evening of November 2, 2018 – lodging for that night is included with your registration.
- Refunds will only be issued in the event the NFA WV Weekend is cancelled – No other person can be substituted for person(s) unable to attend.
The fee for the weekend is $100. Checks should be made payable to West Virginia University Fire Service Extension . If paying by check, please put “NFA Weekend” in the memo.
The $100 fee covers: Two (2) nights lodging at the National Fire Academy; breakfast and lunch on November 3 and 4; the traditional steak dinner cookout on Saturday evening; the Hospitality Get together at the Student Recreation Center on Friday night (food and adult beverages); all course materials; and a special gift for all registrants.
The form and payment should be received by September 17, 2018. Our office must send completed registrations to the NFA by the September 18, 2018, deadline to hold our position at the academy. No admissions will be taken after October 1, 2018.
Return completed forms along with payment to:
WVU Fire Service Extension
NFA WV Weekend
2600 Old Mill Road
Weston, West Virginia 26452
ATTN: State Weekend