Math Review $265.00 – October 2, 2017 in Morgantown WV
CSP Workshop $675.00 – October 3-5, 2017 in Morgantown WVInstruction provided by Langlois, Weigand & Associates, Inc.
Class size may be limited. Please register early to reserve a seat in the course.
- Beverage breaks (breakfast and lunch will be on your own)
- Workbooks contain many sample problems, copies of the PowerPoint presentation used in the workshop, and additional definitions. This information will serve as a study guide for examination preparation after the workshop.
Workshops begin promptly at 8:00 am and conclude at 4:30 pm each day.
WVU reserves the right to cancel any workshop or seminar two weeks prior to presentation. Registrants canceling within 10 working days of the program will be refunded tuition less $100 fee. Registrants who do not cancel and do not attend the workshop will not have tuition refunded. A $25 processing fee will be charged for substitutions.
Calculators needed for class
Calculators: Attendees will need to use scientific calculator TI-30X IIS in the Math review and CSP workshops. Please bring your TI-30XIIS calculator with you to the Math review and CSPWorkshop.
For more information, please call WVU Safety and Health Extension at 800-626-4748.
Math Review for Certification Exams
1 Day / .7 CEU
This is an intensive review of essential math skills. This workshop is specifically designed for those preparing for certification examinations (ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST) and needing a hands-on review of essential skill areas.
- Conversions – SI and English conversions of mass, length and time
- Dimensional analysis – multi-step conversions (e.g., converting miles per hour to feet per second, pounds to micrograms)
- Number manipulation – exponents, scientific notation, significant digits, answer accuracy and rounding and logarithms
- Shapes and formulae – area, circumference and volume of rectangles, triangles, circles, trapezoids, cubes and cylinders
- Graphing – two dimensional graphing of linear, exponential, trigonometric and logarithmic functions
- Algebra – laws and concepts, word problems
- Trigonometry – right angles, trigonometry functions and word problems
- Operation of a scientific calculator
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Examination Preparation Workshop
3 Days / 2.1 CEUs
This course is designed to prepare individuals for the Comprehensive Examination leading to certification as a CSP. The workshop covers the four areas of the exam: engineering, management, information management and communications and professional conduct and ethics. Your preparation will include lectures, sample problems, and discussions on a variety of subjects to prepare the student for the exam.
- Concepts of probability, statistics and calculus
- Engineering: safety and environmental, occupational health, fire protection
- Applied management: principles, ergonomic analysis, risk management, Workers’ Compensation
- Legal/regulatory and professional affairs
- Engineering economy
- SH&E engineering
- SH&E management
- SH&E information management
- Professional conduct and ethics